Information for New Users
The Port is not a public area and only those whose workplace it is, or who have been authorised to visit, may do so. It is essential that everyone who enters the port gates has completed the Northport Health and Safety Induction using this link http://www.northport.co.nz/induction/
These inductions need to be renewed every two years.
New users to the Port will need to ensure the following are completed:
1. Northport Credit Application Form
Credit Application Form – complete and return to
2. Northport Port Access Card Application
Port Access Card Application Form – complete and return to
3. Weighbridge & Gantry Tags (also known as Dallas Tags)
These only need to be applied for if you are using the weighbridge and gantry and can be obtained through:
Weighing & Measuring Solutions (Charmain Gettins)
Toll Free : 0800 132 618
Website : www.weighsolutions.co.nz
Port Access Cards
Port access cards are used to activate the main entry and exit gates at the port (not the weighbridge or gantry). This is a personalised access card and the ‘Terms and Conditions’ of these must be strictly adhered to.
- There is a $40 + GST charge for the processing and activation of a Northport port access card in the Northport Cardex control system.
- There is a $25 + GST charge for the activation of a Port of Tauranga port access card in the Northport Cardex control system.
- Port Access Card Application Forms are also available from the Port Services Centre (Gatehouse).
Completed application forms should be emailed directly to or alternatively left at the Port Services Centre (Gatehouse) along with the following:
- Photo Identification – either a copy of your NZ Drivers Licence or your current passport.
- A copy of the Port of Tauranga Port Card (showing the port card number on the reverse) is required if applying for a Port of Tauranga port card activation and is additional to driver's licence requirement.
- Electronic Photo (headshot only - no head wear/hats or sun glasses).